The Blue Cross/Blue Shield of North Carolina web page for making payments automatically checks a box to start recurring payments.This checkbox is buried in the middle of text and very easy to overlook.

Every time you make a payment, you have to explicitly find this checkbox and disable it. That's dishonest.Second, when you try to cancel recurring payments after accidentally enabling them on a payment, the web page form tells you that they can't be cancelled because a payment is in progress.

I'm a web programmer; this does not have to be true.And when I called customer service, they claimed to disable recurring payments even though the web site said it couldn't be done.

Had an Experience with Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of North Carolina?

Comments

caffeyw
San Antonio, Texas, United States #727893

The problem is not web coding.The problem is legally by law once a payment request is entered for EFT payment on same day/next they can't cancel it.

It has to do with Federal Reserve EFT regulations. Now as for the hiding the check box yes, that's a bit out of line.

However as always when making a payment you should review the whole page and not just assume the company is not signing you up for auto-payment.

Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of North Carolina - Foreign objet found in cheetos Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of North Carolina "We bought a variety pack of chips from Walmart in Palm Bay Florida on Palm Bay rd. on June 17th 2016. My daughter was eating a bag of Cheetos from..." Read more Encompass Insurance - Encompass insured ticketted for causing accident. Encompass denies claim! Encompass Insurance "9/17/14 at 1245 PM. Encompass insured driver in a Jeep Grand Cherokee made a lane change without checking to see if a vehicle was next to her. I was in..." Read more Hole In One International - US Hole in One Hole In One International "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..." Read more AARP SCAM to enlist membership of elderly Aarp "I have received several notices that my membership confirmation dues have not been paid. I have never joined AARP as in my situation, none of their benefits would help me...." Read more Precision Tune - They lied and put my life in danger. Precision Tune "On Thursday, September 14, 2017 .. I went to the precision tune in Wilson, NC for a routine oil change, tire rotation, and tire pressure check. I live 45 minutes..." Read more Safe Step Tub - Never so dissapointed! Safe Step Tub "I was told by the Manager/Supervisor of *Safe Step Walk in Tubs Canada* that if I said anything about this that I would be charged with slander...how can the truth..." Read more Calatlantic Homes - Buyer Beware Calatlantic Homes "Garage door wood shrunk and left unpainted grooves in door. Builder says "sorry, paint touchup already done". Ours is the only garage door on street that looks this bad. This..." Read more Reroof America - Disgusted with their workmanship Reroof America "Reroof America put on a new roof in August 2005. In 2008 when I started having leaks they told me they weren't responsible for workmanship after one year. I have..." Read more